On behalf of the HANP board of directors, we would like to wish each and every one of you a Happy New Year! We would like to thank you for your contributions and support to our organization. We will strive to continue to be of benefit to you. In the coming ahead we should look forward to the continued evolution of HANP and we would like to invite you on that journey for a greater HANP. However, we must look at our previous year in review to continue to grow.
- 6 CE meetings/6 Industry sponsored meetings
- 6 scholarships awards
- Annual HANP conference, 170 attendees
- TNP Rockets game for NP week
- Houston Food Bank we packed 34,600 meals
Things to look forward to in 2018
- January 10, 2018, first meeting with Dr. Satija presenting options for pain management at Arcodoro
- February 15, 2018, our President-elect will be presenting our first CE discussing episodic care, changing conditions in the acute care setting
- The annual board retreat was on January 7, 2018, focused on
o Review of our annual contract with AMC
o Review of our current bylaws with proposed changes. Please be on the lookout for an email with the proposed changes to the bylaws. We need your approval and input regarding these changes.
o The proposed venue for 2018 annual conference will be at the Westin Hotel in Memorial City. Help us transform healthcare one NP at a time.
o We will be calling for nominations for officers, committee chairs. Please review the bylaws to see if you qualified to serve
- Legislative day will be February 2, 2018, at the Capitol in Austin, TX
o If you would like to carpool please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you ordered a HANP T-shirt please contact Sara, or if you an interested in ordering one please visit HANP.org
As 2018 begins I am inspired by one of our great leader in history Theodore Roosevelt and one of his famous quotes/my version in parenthesis:
Believe you can and you're halfway there. (Halfway to full practice authority)
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. (To get to full practice authority, serve our patients to the best of our abilities with best evidence and science).
Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. (Keep your eyes on full practice authority and stay focus)
Nobody cares how much you know until they know how much you care. (Be visible and always do the right thing. NPs are always on stage)
Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing. (Being an NP is hard work and worth doing)
Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far. (Speak softly about full practice, speak together in one voice, one message to getting to full practice authority)
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing. (To get to full practice is the right thing and doing nothing will not get us there)
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed. (We have to keep trying to get to full practice)
Get action. Seize the moment. Man was never intended to become an oyster. (Act, seize, nurses we have our moment, let us SEIZE it)
The most important single ingredient in the formula of success is knowing how to get along with people. (We can get along with everyone to get to full practice authority)
Happy New Year!
Pepper Santa Ana
2017-2018 HANP President
Options for Pain Management
5000 Westheimer Rd.
Houston, TX 77056
Wednesday, January 10, 2018
6:00 pm Registration
7:00 pm Presentation and Dinner
Thank you to Sponsor
**Please note this meeting is at maximum capacity - any walk-ins will be asked to wait until 7 pm to be seated (if there are any open seats)**
Please Save the Date for the Following Events:
- Friday, February 2 - APRN Alliance Day at the Capitol
- Thursday, February 15 - HANP CE Dinner Meeting - Open to members and nonmembers
- Wednesday, March 14 - HANP Members Only Dinner Meeting
- Wednesday, April 11 - HANP CE Dinner Meeting - Open to members and nonmembers
- Wednesday, May 9 - HANP Members Only Dinner Meeting